Last updated on January 16th, 2024 at 10:44 am
How To Use Family Tree Maker On Multiple Computers?
Are you using FTM software and want to use your family tree maker on multiple computers? If yes then read this post and learn how you can use a family tree maker on multiple computers.
In this post, we will tell you the complete information about how to use FTM on multiple computers. The Combination Operating System could be a Windows or Mac.
Family Tree Maker is a popular genealogy program for making pedigree trees. And how it would be if you could use the same family tree on multiple computers, Great! Isn’t it, It is.
If you’re using TreeVault Cloud Services to move your FTM Source tree from one machine to another, make sure the tree continues to update your TreeVault Antenna tree on the new computer. This article explains how to use a USB flash drive to transfer your FTM Source tree between machines and then reconnect it to your Antenna tree.
You must first download and install Family Tree Maker 2019 on both machines in order to effectively transfer your tree file from one to the other. To move your file, you’ll need a removable storage device. Such as a burnable CD/DVD, a thumb or flash drive, or an external hard drive. It can also be shared through a computer network or stored in the cloud.
By using a USB flash drive, you can easily transfer a tree from one computer to another. If you don’t have a USB flash drive then get one. Otherwise, it may be worth your time with the steps below.
Step By Step Guide To Use Family Tree Maker On Multiple Computers
Here we will tell you a step-by-step guide on how to use a family tree maker on multiple computers.
Note: Using a family tree maker on multiple computers first you need to purchase an economical family pack. You can also use the Family Tree Maker Manual or companion guide to learn more about Family Tree Maker.
On The First Computer:
Please follow the given steps on the first computer:
- With the current FTM source tree, start FTM 2019 on the computer.
- Take a backup of your family tree.
- Go to the location of the backup file you have created and copy the file to your flash drive.
- Doing all this, Unplug your computer from a flash drive.
On The Second Computer:
- Open the computer to which you want to transfer your family tree maker. Then insert the flash drive in which you have the family tree maker.
- Copy the backup file from the USB drive to your computer’s hard disk.
- Click the File menu and choose Restore to Open FTM 2019.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the backup file. Select the file, and then click Open.
- After that, a Save dialogue will open. Select the location on your hard disk where you want to save your tree. Click the Save button to restore your tree from the backup. The restored tree will open in Family Tree Maker.
- Make sure you are logged in with the same account you used when creating the Antenna tree on the first computer. If you are logged in to a different TreeVault account then click Cancel.
- Click the Select Tree from the pop-up menu on the far left of the main toolbar and then click Tree Browser. The Tree Browser window appears.
- Select TreeVault on the left and then click Next in the bottom-right corner of the window in the Tree Browser window.
- Click the Find FTM Source Tree button.
- In the Results for FTM Source Tree column, choose your tree. Make sure the tree you’ve chosen is the one you restored in step 5. Select Use as Source Tree from the drop-down menu.
Your tree becomes the FTM Source tree after it is linked to the Antenna tree. Only changes performed on the second computer’s new Source tree will be applied to your Antenna tree; the FTM tree from which you made the backup on the first computer will no longer be linked to the Antenna tree.
If you are facing any problems moving the Family Tree Maker to a new computer then don’t worry, call Family Tree Maker support. We will help you in just a single call. Our Toll-Free number is +1-800-697-1474.
This is how you can use a family tree maker on multiple computers. Apart from this, if you have any queries regarding the family tree maker then you can call the family tree maker support phone number. Our best technician team will help you with the best solution.
You can call us any time, our family tree maker helpline phone number is +1-800-697-1474. For getting instant help, you can visit our site and do a family tree maker live chat with our tech team members.
FAQ Questions About Family Tree Maker On Multiple Computers:
Ans: Yes, you can install and use a family tree maker for up to three computers.
Ans: Make sure before installing Family Tree Maker on the second computer that you have the latest version like FTM 2019 or FTM 2017. Double-click on my computer and browser the drive where the backup is stored. Once you get the backup then right-click it and select copy.
Ans: Yes, you can share your family tree easily.
Ans: $79.95 is the cost of Family Tree Maker 2019.