Family Tree Maker On Multiple Computers
Are you using FTM software and wants to use your family tree maker on multiple computers? Then read this post and learn how you can use family tree maker on multiple computers. In this post, we will tell you a step-by-step guide on how to do this.
If you’re using TreeVault Cloud Services to move your FTM Source tree from one machine to another, make sure the tree continues to update your TreeVault Antenna tree on the new computer. This article explains how to use a USB flash drive to transfer your FTM Source tree between machines and then reconnect it to your Antenna tree.
You must first have FTM 2019 installed on both machines in order to effectively transfer your tree file from one to the other. To move your file, you’ll need a removable storage device. Such as a burnable CD/DVD, a thumb or flash drive, or an external hard drive. It can also be shared through a computer network or stored in the cloud.
By using a USB flash drive, you can easily transfer a tree from one computer to another. If you don’t have a USB flash drive then get one. Otherwise, it may be worth your time with the steps below.
Step By Step Guide Use Family Tree Maker on Multiple Computers
Here we will tell you a step-by-step guide on how to use family tree maker on multiple computers.
On the first computer:
On the first computer, please follow the given steps:
1. With the current FTM source tree start FTM 2019 on the computer.
2. Take a backup of your family tree.
3. Go to the location of the backup file you have created and copy the file to your flash drive.
4. Doing all this, Unplug your computer from a flash drive.
On the second computer:
1. Open the computer to which you want to transfer your family tree maker. Then insert the flash drive in which you have the family tree maker.
2. Copy the backup file from the USB drive to your computer’s hard disk.
3. Click the File menu and choose Restore to Open FTM 2019.
4. Navigate to the location where you saved the backup file. Select the file, and then click Open.
5. After that, a Save dialogue will open. Select the location on your hard disk where you want to save your tree. Click the Save button to restore your tree from the backup. The restored tree will open in Family Tree Maker.
6. Make sure you are logged in with the same account you used when creating the Antenna tree on the first computer. If you are logged in to a different TreeVault account then click Cancel.
7. Click the Select Tree from the pop-up menu on the far left of the main toolbar and then click Tree Browser. The Tree Browser window appears.
8. Select TreeVault on the left and then click Next in the bottom-right corner of the window in the Tree Browser window.
9. Click the Find FTM Source Tree button.
10. In the Results for FTM Source Tree column, choose your tree. Make sure the tree you’ve chosen is the one you restored in step 5. Then select Use as Source Tree from the drop-down menu.
Your tree becomes the FTM Source tree after it is linked to the Antenna tree. Only changes performed on the second computer’s new Source tree will be applied to your Antenna tree; the FTM tree from which you made the backup on the first computer will no longer be linked to the Antenna tree.
This is how you can use a family tree maker on multiple computers. Apart from this, if you have any queries regarding the family tree maker then you can call the family tree maker to support phone number. Our best technician team will help you with the best solution. You can call us any time, our family tree maker helpline phone number is +1-800-697-1474. For getting instant help, you can visit our site and do a live chat with our tech team members.
People also ask for:
How do I install Family Tree Maker on a second computer?
Can Family Tree Maker be shared?
How do I transfer FTM 2019 to a new computer?
Has Family Tree Maker been discontinued?
Will There Be a Family Tree Maker 2021?