Last updated on November 18th, 2023 at 04:23 am
Fix Legacy FamilySearch Data Problem
Whenever you see a red exclamation sign (!) in your family tree. Then it may be surprising to you but don’t worry about it. It only shows that your ancestry data is not connected correctly. If you saw this exclamation sign on your family tree then don’t worry. It is a Legacy FamilySearch data problem that our technician fixed within a few minutes.
In this article, we will tell you how to fix the Legacy FamilySearch data problem. Apart from this, we will tell you its reasons and how to fix it yourself.
Reasons For Legacy FamilySearch Data Problem
There are mainly four main reasons for data problems in Legacy FamilySearch which are given below:
- Wrong format of data and location.
- The wrong date tells the wrong living information about the ancestors.
- Insertion of the wrong event like marriage tells the incorrect information. Sometimes it shows the marriage before birth caused by wrong event insertion.
- Wrong entry, it tells the wrong relationship between the family.
Check Before You Change Anything
Once you detect the issues or problems please check the changes before you apply them.
- Many data problems occur because of the insertion of wrong entries or because the data is not inserted according to the FamilySearch format.
- To fix the data problem please check the source.
- Sometimes errors occur because the other user is working on the same tree or line you are working on. So please contact the other person who is working on the same tree and work together.
How To Fix Legacy FamilySearch Problem?
Please follow the given instructions for fixing the legacy FamilySearch data problem.
- Go to the ancestor’s profile page as soon as you find the problem.
- Select the details tab and scroll down to the main problem.
- Click on the Edit button near the data problem icon. As you click on the edit button a pop-up box appears and describes the problem and needs permission to apply the changes. If there is a standardization error, be sure to correct the date, event, or place. And if there is no standardization problem then please do this correctly by typing the information that you have like the correct date and event.
- Click Save and Refresh the page when you have done it.
The data problem icons are too good. It tells you that your records are correct. If you find any problem with your Legacy FamilySearch then please find it and fix it. You can get instant help also if face any problem to fix it. Call the FTM support number +1-800-697-1474 and get instant support.