Last updated on March 22nd, 2023 at 04:46 am
Do you have an ancestry membership and now you want to cancel it? If yes then you are reading the right article because in this article we will tell you 7 easy steps to cancel ancestry membership.
Note: Before you start to cancel your ancestry membership, if you bought your ancestry membership with an ancestry app like Apple iTunes, Google play or amazon then first you need to stop your membership through these apps.
7 Easy Steps For Cancelling Ancestry Membership
To cancel the ancestry membership please follow the given steps.
- First, open your ancestry account using your username or password.
- Click on cancel the membership within the membership option.
- If you don’t get the cancel a membership option in your account it means you don’t have a membership. Login to your ancestry account with a different email id.
- When you get the cancellation option click on that button. After that, it will ask the reason for cancelling your membership. Fill the reason and click on the continue button.
- On the next window click again on the cancel button.
- After that, you are inside the settlement window.
- Check the mail address that is related to your ancestry account. Your membership has been cancelled.
If you don’t see the cancellation confirmations email. Then start over at step 1 and complete your cancellation process. For getting expert help, call +1-800-697-1474.
Troubleshooting Regarding Cancelling Ancestry Membership
Stop Automatic Renewal Membership
All the membership of ancestry is automatic renewal unless you stop yourself. If you cancel your membership within your refund period then it will end immediately and can’t be renewed. So keep this in mind and do whatever you want.
Billed After Cancelling
If you want a replica of your ancestry account then billed for membership after cancelling your membership.
Check out the ancestry membership refund policy if you want a refund. You can also contact the ancestry support number for your refund.
Showing Blank Page When Trying To Cancel
See a blank page on your computer browser when you trying to remove your ancestry membership. Disable all ad blockers from your computer browsers.
Cancel Ancestry Membership Free Trial
If you are using the ancestry free trial and do not want to continue it then avoid being billed.
This is how you can cancel your ancestry membership with the easy 7 steps. If you still need help then you can contact the family tree maker support number anytime. Our tech support number is always open for our customers. Call us at +1-800-697-1474 and get the best solution from our tech team. For your help, we also give a FAQ section so that you can get your question’s best answers.
Ans: From the top-right corner of your ancestry page click on your username and select account setting. In the account setting, you will get the cancel membership option. Click on Cancel Membership.
Ans: You have still your account on ancestry after cancelling your ancestry membership. This account will be a registered guest account. This registered guest account is a free account with some free features.
Ans: If you have a free account on ancestry then you can cancel your ancestry membership at any time before your free trial version is expired.