Deleting Ancestry Account
If you want to delete your ancestry account then read this post. In this post, you will learn how to delete an account in simple 9 steps.
If you have any concern about your ancestry account security or privacy then please consider these options before deleting ancestry account.
Security: change your password and block someone on Ancestry.
Payment Information: If you have some issue with payment then you can cancel your membership and go to a free registered guest account.
Family Trees: You can set your tree privacy as private or you can delete your family tree.
DNA: You can change your DNA display name, cancel a DNA invitation, or delete your DNA result.
After Deleting Your Ancestry Account What You Can Check
When you delete your ancestry account that your all shared tree will be deleted from the ancestry. Ancestry deletes all your information permanently. You can’t share your tree.
How To Delete Ancestry Account
If you want to learn how to delete an ancestry account then please follow the given steps. After following the given 7 simple steps you can easily delete ancestry account.
Steps To Delete Ancestry Account
Here we give some steps with the images that can help you to delete your account. Please follow the given steps to delete an ancestry account.
- First, go to ancestry.com/secure/delete.
- Sign in with your Gmail id and password.
- It will show the subscriptions that you have and will be deleted with your account. Check the check box.
- After that, it will show all the trees that will be deleted with your ancestry account. Here you again check the check box.
- Then, it will come to your DNA testing results that will be deleted. Check the check box and click on Next Step.
- In the next step it shows the consenting to the deletion of your account. After that, you will not be able to access your account or undo the deletion so be careful to do this task. After the next upcoming 30 days, your all data will be deleted from the ancestry.
- Do not close the box until you will enter the verification code form your email.
- Open your mail in the new tab and check the verification code that sent by ancestry.
- Paste the code into the verification box and click Delete account.
After that, you will receive a final email confirming the deletion of your account. Your account will be deleted permanently.
If you don’t have time then you can take support on live chat or over the call. You can call our toll-free number at +1-800-697-1474. As soon as you call our tech support team, you will get the best result from us. We have 24/7customer support so that our customers can call us any time.
Ans: Go to ancestry.com/secure/account/delete, and log in with your Gmail account. It will show all the subscriptions and trees that will be deleted.
Ans: Yes, you can delete your ancestry DNA from the DNA setting page.
Ans: If you do not have an ancestry membership then there is no option to cancel an ancestry account on your account setting page.
Ans: After cancelling your ancestry membership, you can still sign in to your account with your username and password.