How To Make A Family Tree
Do you want to preserve your family memorable moments for the future? If yes, then this post is important to you because in this post we will tell you how to make a family tree and preserve your family memorable moments for the future. This post is the ultimate guide for family tree maker software users. In this post, we tell you everything about family tree such as what is a family tree, importance of it, how to install a family tree, and many other important things.
What Is A Family Tree?
A graphical representation of your family is known as a family tree. You can use different shapes and sign to show your family relationship to each other. Many people make pedigree trees to preserve their family’s memorable moments for the future because they know very well that time never come back.
Importance Of A Family Tree
As we told you in the above paragraph that time never back so it is one of the best reasons that’s why people use pedigree trees. Apart from this, there are other reasons or importance of a lineage tree which are given below:
- It makes our family memory fresh that help us to live happy in the present time.
- A pedigree tree tells us the importance of our family members.
- It helps our children to know more about their family members and ancestors.
- It creates a strong bond between family members.
- You can also decorate your home with a pedigree tree that increases the beauty of your home.
- A lot of data you can save a tree.
Install A Family Tree Maker
Now if you are ready to create your tree then first you have to install family tree maker software on your PC or laptop. This is a famous genealogy software. So first, we will tell you how to install a tree
Please follow the given steps to install a tree.
- To install, your tree first uses your CD or USB drive and click on the .exe file.
- The installation will start after clicking on the .exe file.
- You will see a welcome screen click on the Next button.
- From the next page check, I accept the terms option and click on the Next button when you review the license agreement.
- The next window that you will see is the default location where your FTM software. You can change this location. Click on the Next button.
- You will see an install button will see in the next window. Click on the install button, your software will start to install.
- Click on the finish button once your installation is completed.
By following the given steps, you can easily install pedigree maker software on your computer.
Process How To Make A Family Tree
After installing the pedigree maker software on your PC, you can make a genogram. By following the given steps, you can make a family pedigree. You can also make a family tree on paper. For this first, draw a family tree on paper.
- First, keep in your mind is that if you want to make a family lineage then you have to gather your family information.
- Choose the templates for your lineage.
- After choosing the template, insert the records in the tree.
- Using lines and shapes make the connection between family members.
- Once you have done it then click on the Save button.
- Your pedigree tree is created now you can share your tree with your family members and your friends.
This is how you can create your tree.
How To Share A Tree
After making a pedigree tree now, it’s time to share it. Yes, you can also share your lineage with your family and your friends. For sharing a tree, please follow the given steps.
- Select the tree by clicking the tree tab.
- You will see a share option in the top right corner of your tree.
- Sharing your tree via mail, click on email or username and get a shareable link. Send this sharable link to your friends and family members.
- You can also assign a role to your family members or friends.
Guest: Guest only can visit your tree and do comments.
Contributor: Contributors can visit, add comments, photos, and add stories to your tree.
Editor: The editor can visit your tree, add comments, add photos, and stories to a tree with this an editor can also remove and edit existing content.
- When your friend or family member open the mail and click on the given link he/she will visit your tree or do the thing according to the assigning role.
System Requirements For Family Tree Maker
You can use pedigree maker software on both Windows and Mac. Both require different system configurations, so the system requirements are given below for both, please them.
For Windows Operating System
If you are using pedigree maker software on your Windows operating system then you need the given system requirements.
- An operating system should be Windows 7 or later including Windows 10
- Hard Disk 900 MB (min)
- RAM 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
- Screen resolution 1024 X 768
For Mac Operating System
If you are using pedigree maker software on your Mac operation system then you need the given system requirements.
- The operating system should be 10.10 or later including Mac OS Big Sur 11.0
- Hard Disk 900 MB (min)
- RAM 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
- Screen resolution 1280 X 1280
This is the ultimate guide for a lineage that includes how to make a family tree, how to install a tree, share a tree, and system requirements for using pedigree tree maker software.
If you are facing any problem after this then contact family tree maker support for getting instant support. Use our family tree maker live chat support for free support. You will get the best solution in just a single call. Call us right now at +1-800-697-1474 if you are facing a problem.
Ans: By using Canva, you can make a pedigree tree free. Just launch canva, choose the best template for your pedigree tree. Insert the data into the tree and click save.
Ans: First, gather information about your family or ancestor. Information such as name, date of birth, marriage and death date. Insert this information into your tree.
Ans: FamilySearch, MyHeritage, Lucid family tree, family tree maker, and meWHO are the best apps for making a family tree.
Ans: The FamilySearch is a free pedigree tree template for making a tree.