Last updated on March 28th, 2023 at 04:42 am
Ancestry.com offers you a tree to preserve your family history in the form of a tree. This tree is called an ancestry family tree. It is a very powerful tool in which you can store your family’s memorable moments in the form of videos, pictures, and other records. If you have an ancestry tree and want to know how to share ancestry tree then read this post.
Related Article: How to print ancestry family tree with easy steps
In this post, we will tell you how to share your ancestry family tree in simple steps. So read the full article. At last, we give a FAQ questions section in which you will get some important questions related to the ancestry family tree.
How To Share Ancestry Tree?
Sharing an ancestry tree is very easy. You can easily share your tree in ancestry with your friends. If you want to share your ancestry tree then please follow the given instructions.
- For sharing the ancestry tree with your family members or friends, click on the tree tab from any page of ancestry.
- Go to the top right corner of the page and click on share.
- If you want to share your tree via email then click email and username. After this, you will get a link that you can share with your friends. Click on the shareable link. Enter the recipient’s email and your shareable link will deliver to the recipient’s email.
- You can invite multiple people by adding another email/user button.
- The best thing about sharing an ancestry tree is you can assign a role to the person. You will get three roles to assign which are given below.
Guest: If you assign a guest role then the people only view and add comments to an ancestry tree.
Contributor: People as contributors can view, add comments and add photos and stories to a tree.
Editor: Editors can add people, and records, add photos, and view a tree. They can’t modify content by editing and deleting.
- You can also send a private message.
- To send invitations please click send invites.
This is how you share an ancestry tree.
Accepting A Tree Invitation
In this paragraph, we will tell you if someone sends you an invitation then how you can accept invitation.
- First, click on explore now in the mail if you received an invitation mail.
- If you have an ancestry account then sign into your ancestry account and view the tree. Click on the link if you already signed into an account.
- Once you accept the invitation, you will check the tree under the tree tab.
How To Manage Invited People?
You can change their role and end their access after inviting someone to the tree.
- Select a tree from the tree menu that you have shared.
- Click on the sharing tab from the tree setting.
- Click on the save.
Removing A Tree Shared With You
Please follow the given steps for removing a tree shared with you.
- Click on the tree tab and select create and manage trees.
- Above Lists of the trees, click trees shared with me.
- Click Remove from the list that you want to remove.
This is how you can manage your ancestry tree. If you have any issues regarding sharing ancestry tree then call our toll-free number +1-800-697-1474. Get the best support with 24/7 support service. If you want a free service then use family tree maker live chat support.
FAQ Questions On Share Ancestry Tree
Ans: Click on share from the top right corner of any ancestry page to share the ancestry tree.
Ans: You can copy people one by one from a tree.
Ans: Select public member trees from any page of the ancestry. Search for the name that you want to access. Click on the search you will get ancestry trees.
Ans: Confucius is the oldest traceable family tree.