Last updated on May 3rd, 2023 at 05:15 am
Hello there, we hope you are doing well. Welcome to the family tree maker support new post, transfer FTM 2019 to a new computer.
If you bought a new computer and now you want to transfer Family Tree Maker Software 2019 to a new computer then first you need to download family tree maker 2019 software on your computer.
Note: If you want to use a family tree maker for more than one computer then you have to purchase its family pack.
In this post, we will explain to you the best way to transfer FTM 2019 to a new computer quickly and easily.
The best thing about moving FTM 2019 to the new computer is the original file is not affected. So you can move FTM 2019 to a new computer without any tension.
Steps To Transfer FTM 2019 To A New Computer
Follow the given steps for moving the family tree maker 2019 to a new computer.
Export Tree File
First, open family tree maker 2019 on your computer or laptop.
- Click on the file menu and select Export from the toolbar.
- You can choose the entire file or an individual file from the export file window.
- Select the output format.
- Review once when you select the output format.
- After that choose a location to save the file on your operating system or external hard drive.
- You can also change the file name if you want.
- Click on the Save button to finish.
Transfer FTM 2019 To A New Computer
Once you take a backup file then it’s time to transfer the family tree maker 2019 to a new computer. You can easily move a family tree maker 2019 file from one computer to another with a flash drive or CD/Dvd.
Please make sure that you have installed FTM 2019 on your both computers.
Select the file from the USB drive and copy it into a new computer. Once the file is copied to the computer, you will need to restore it to the family tree maker software.
Select Computer from the Start menu, you will find your USB flash drive. Double-click on the drive to open it.
Find the icon and copy it from your flash drive.
Right-click on the computer’s empty space and select the paste option. Your family tree maker transferred into your new computer.
Restoring The Tree Files
Follow the given steps to restore the FTM files.
- Select the restore option from the file menu.
- When you click the restore option it will ask you the backup file location.
- Double-click on the backup file to run.
- The file will be restored successfully.
At The Bottom
Family tree maker 2019 software has a huge number of customers. It is a very popular genealogy software. If you need any support regarding genealogy software then you can contact family tree maker support. You can also use our live chat support for free.
How to make a family tree on Google Docs
FTM 2019 new update 24.2 free download
Not able to sign in to ancestry account