Restore A Deleted Record For A Person
Today’s topic is a fascinating and common issue article that can happen to anyone. Sometimes it happens that we accidentally delete a person from our family tree. If you make the same mistake, you don’t need to worry, and you can restore a deleted record for a person.
In this article, we will explain the best trick to quickly restore a deleted record for a person. You can correct the erased data record using the ID number, undo option and restore connections.
Stay with the article and get simple steps for restoring the deleted record for a person.
Restore A Deleted Record For A Person Using The Website
Here, you will learn how to restore data for a deleted person using a website.
Using ID Number
You can restore the deleted person’s data using the person’s ID number.
- Open https://familysearch.org and click on the tree.
- Then choose the find option.
- Click on find by id number.
- Type the id number of the deleted person and click on the find button.
- Click on the person’s name.
- After that, click on the person on the person card.
- Check the reason for the deletion from the person’s deleted box. Click on restore person.
- In the next step, you must explain why you restored the person.
- Click the restore button, and you successfully restore the deleted record in a family tree.
It is how you can restore a deleted record for a person in a family tree.
If you want to unmerge a person in a family tree, follow the given steps one by one.
- First, open the FamilySearch site on your system and then go to the person page. Check that the person is not deleted after the merging process.
- After that, click on the show all latest changes box from the person page.
- Find the merge in the change history.
- If the merge option appears, then follow the given steps to unmerge.
- Choose to unmerge.
- Tell the reason why the merge was not correct.
- Click on the unmerge button.
- The record was changed after the merge process if you did not see the unmerge option. To roll back, please follow the given step.
- Go to the change history and click the deleted person’s name.
- Click on the deleted person.
- Check why the person was deleted and then choose to restore the person.
- Tell the reason why the person is restored.
- Click on the restore option.
Restore A Deleted Record For A Person Using Mobile
If you are thinking of restoring the deleted history for a person using your mobile, then let me know that currently, the mobile app does not support this feature.
Using Family Tree Lite
Currently, family tree lite is not providing the restoring feature.
By the way, you can restore a deleted record for a person in a family tree by following these steps. But if you are facing any problem, you can call us anytime at +1-800-697-1474.