How To Move FTM Source Tree Between Two Computers?
Family tree maker 2019 is a very popular and great genealogy program for those who want to make their family tree. Apart from this, this can help you to move your FTM source tree between two computers. If you also looking for moving a Family tree between two computers then this post is going to be beneficial to you.
This post will explain to you how to move the FTM source tree between two computers easily and quickly.
Points That You Keep In Mind Before Moving Your Family Tree
- Before moving your family tree, make sure that you have installed FTM 2019 on both computers.
- The second thing that you need to keep in mind is your TreeVault cloud service should be updated.
- You need to have a removable storage device such as a DVD, Flash drive, or external hard drive to move the file. You can also use cloud storage or a computer network.
Using a USB flash drive is the easiest way to transfer or move the FTM source tree between two computers. So if you are ready to move your family tree then follow the given instructions step by step.
Work That You Need To Do On First Computer
- First of all, open your FTM 2019 on the first computer with the current source tree.
- Take a complete backup of your FTM source tree. If you don’t know how to do this, read our post on taking a family tree backup quickly and easily.
- Once you take a backup of your tree then go to the backup file location and copy it onto a flash drive or external drive.
- After this, unplug your flash drive from your computer.
Move FTM Source Tree To The Second Computer
For moving your FTM source tree to the second computer please follow the given steps.
- The first step that you need to do is plug in the flash drive to the computer in which you take a backup of your family tree.
- Then copy the backup of your tree on the computer drive from the flash drive.
- Open family tree maker 2019 and click the file menu and choose the restore option.
- It will ask you the location where you want to save the backup file. Select the location and click on open.
- After this, click on the save button to restore your tree from the backup file. Open a family tree maker from the restored tree.
- Make sure that you are logged in to the TreeVault account with the same account that you used to create the Antenna tree on the first computer.
- Click on the tree browser from the view option and then select the tree.
- From the tree browser window select the TreeVault and then click on the next button.
- Click on the find FTM source tree button.
- At last, select the tree in the result for the FTM source tree column. Your linked tree to the Antenna tree becomes the FTM tree.
This is how you can move the FTM source tree between two computers easily and quickly.
For any help, please call us at our toll-free number +1-800-697-1474. Our technicians will give you the best solution regarding your issues.