Last updated on April 4th, 2023 at 12:07 pm
If you are having a hard time with your Family Tree and you would like to figure out the errors of the same then here you will be able to get the accurate information related. You’ve just got to go through this blog and you will find the errors in your Family Tree. Here is our family tree maker help number +1-800-697-1474. You can also use family tree maker live chat.
Errors In Your Family Tree
If you want to find out the error in your family tree then please follow the given errors. Some of the errors in your family tree are mentioned below that can be found in Online trees especially in ‘My Heritage’ and ‘Roots Finder’ By Family Tree Maker Support;
- Parents having a child at a too-early age
- Children older than their parents
- Mother bearing child too early
- Having a child before marriage
- Siblings of almost the same age
- Inappropriate birth/death places
- Siblings of the same name
- Improper surname spellings
- Gender not specified
- A person beyond their normal life
- Duplication of person
- Many people not connected to others in the Family tree
Therefore, the above are the errors that can be reported in your Family tree. And in case if you want the more unique and best result, then you can use more different programs for that.
Steps To Run An Error Report With Roots Finder
Before using Roots Finder, you are supposed to; first of all, know some information about it;
Roots Finder By Family Tree Maker Help
- The best option for the online tree solution
- Easy to use
- Has a unique & advanced set of tools
- Available for all devices
- Offers paid pro version
- Ability to keep your Family tree private
Now, the steps for running an error report with Roots Finder are given below:
- First of all, you need to upload your tree to the system.
- Then, you have to simply make a GEDCOM.
- After doing so, you are supposed to move to the homepage.
- There, just give a click on the ‘start now’ option.
- After the completion of a tree, go to the left sidebar for viewing it.
- Now, go to the warning option, and for that, select three white lines.
- After that, you would see various errors listed page.
- There, just view and sort it accordingly.
- You are also suggested to make the changes according to your needs.
Thus, you can run the error report with Roots Finder, and it is only for anomaly purposes, and also not all the errors might be valid.
Steps to use the Consistency Checker in ‘My Heritage’
You are required to; first of all, know something about My Heritage;
- Provides a consistency checker
- Identify all the potential errors
- First genealogy subscription sites to do the above
- Easy to use
- Advanced paid offers
- Includes discoveries tools, a robust DNA research platform
Now, let Us Move To The Steps For Using The Consistency Checker In My Heritage
- Firstly, do sign up and upload a GEDCOM in My Heritage.
- Then, go to the family tree option at the top menu.
- After that, move to the more and consistency checker option.
- It will take some time to calculate the errors.
- After doing so, a list will appear related to the issues.
- Now, give a click at the tools or settings icon.
- Make the changes according to your wish or need.
- Finally, for returning to the report, just move to the refresh button.
Therefore, we have seen how the Family tree can helps us to improve our research. It will not only discover the error but will also help fix all of them in no time. However, if you face any problem or have some other queries then you can reach Family Tree Maker help by calling the family tree maker help number. You can also use live chat support for free.
You will like also: FTM 2019 new free update 24.2
FAQ Questions On Errors In Family Tree
Ans: Follow the given steps to correct the errors in the family tree.
1. Choose to add alternate information from the record’s summary page.
2. Select the information that you want to correct like name or other information.
3. From the list select the reason for the correction.
4. Insert the correct information and click on submit alternate.
Ans: The current accuracy of the family tree is 98%.
Ans: Some of the problems with genealogical dating are missed resources, missed opportunities, and missed clues.
Ans: Go to the right side of your page and click on the tools icon and select report problems.