Last updated on November 24th, 2023 at 12:22 pm
Delete Person From FamilySearch Family Tree
Do you want to delete a person from the FamilySearch family tree? If yes then this post will be beneficial to you. In this post, you will get the easy steps on how to delete a person from a family search family tree.
Please check the given instructions to learn how to delete a person from a FamilySearch. You can delete a person through the website or via a mobile app. Here we’ll explain both, please check them.
Don’t worry if you delete the wrong person because you can also restore that person again to your family tree. I you don’t know how to do this then read our blog post on how to restore a deleted person from a family tree.
Steps To Delete A Person From The Website
Please follow the given instructions for deleting a person from the familysearch family tree.
- First of all, sign in to your family search account and click the tree. Then click on the tree in which you want to delete a person.
- Find the person that you want to delete from your pedigree tree.
- Click on the person’s name that you want to delete.
- Click on the details tab of the person.
- Find the tool option given on the right side.
- You the information of the deleted person in the delete person window.
- Explain the reason why you are deleting that person.
- Click on the delete button, the person will be deleted from the pedigree tree.
This is how you can delete a person from the pedigree tree using the website.
Steps To Remove a Person From Tree Using Mobile App
If you are using the family tree mobile app then please follow the given instructions to delete a person from the tree.
- Navigate to the person page of the individual from the pedigree tree mobile app that you want to delete.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner.
Android: Tap on the person that you want to delete.
Apple iOS: Tap more than tap to delete the person.
- Give the information of the person that you want to delete in the delete person window.
- Tell the reason why you want to delete the person.
- Tab on the delete button and the person will be deleted from the tree.
Step To Delete A Person Using Family Tree Light
Family tree light doesn’t support removing a person’s records.
This is how you can delete a person from the FamilySearch family tree by using simple steps. If you still facing any problems or issues then you can contact us at our toll-free number +1-800-697-1474. Our tech support team will give you the best support regarding your case.