Are you using Family Tree Maker and want to add a person to your tree? In this article, we will discuss how you can add individuals to FamilySearch Family Tree. The given below are the steps to add individuals who are not connected to your family line.
When you add a person to a FamilySearch Family Tree, the reason is to find a probable family relationship. The individual information is not verified because the records are insufficient.
Tip: It is beneficial to record the ID number of the new record for future reference when you add an unconnected person.
Add a person in a FamilySearch Family Tree on Web Browser
- After you are signed in to FamilySearch.org account on your browser, click Family Tree and select Tree or Person in the drop-down menu.
- Click on Recent on the menu bar which is at the top of the page.
- At the bottom of the list of Recent, click Add Unconnected Person.
- Now, enter the information about the person and click on Next.
- You can review the search results. Once you find the right person, click View Person.
- If you do not see the person in the search results, click Create Person.
Add an individual in a FamilySearch Family Tree on Mobile App
- Open your list of recently viewed people in the Family Tree mobile app,
- For Android users: Tap the clock icon in the top right corner.
- For Apple iOS users: Tap Recent in the bottom toolbar.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list. If your list is long, wait until the list items are not completely loaded.
- Tap on Add Unconnected Person.
- Enter information about the person and tap Next.
- Tap Add Person if you find the right person.
- Tap Create New If you do not see the person in the search results.
If you read the full article then now you are able to add a person to your family tree. Even after this, if you have some problem doing something in your tree then you can call the family tree maker support phone number.