What’s next after taking an ancestry DNA kit? Activate it, right so if you are one of them who want to activate ancestryDNA then you are at the correct place. This post will tell you how to activate an ancestryDNA kit quickly and easily within a few minutes.
So let’s start with ancestry DNA introduction.
What Is Ancestry DNA?
Ancestry DNA is a DNA testing service that utilizes some of the newest autosomal testing technology and tells more about our family history.
What Does Activate AncestryDNA Kit Mean?
Activating ancestryDNA means connecting your kit with your ancestry account so that you can get the best and correct results about your ancestors.
How To Activate AncestryDNA?
Now it’s time to learn how to activate ancestryDNA. Here we explain to you some best tips for activating ancestry DNA please check them. Apart from this, if you also want to know How to activate an ancestry DNA test for someone else then I also explain to you about you so don’t miss it.
Steps To Activate Ancestry DNA kit
Here we give simple 13 steps on how to activate ancestryDNA, please check them.
- To activate the ancestry DNA kit First, click on the activate link. As you click on the activate link a new window will open on your computer screen as given below.
- Choose your prefer language.
- Then if you already signed in to your ancestry account then click on “Yes” otherwise click on the “No” button. After this, click on the Next button.
- It will ask you for the activation code that is printed on your tube and instruction packet. Please don’t enter the hyphens. After that click on the Next button.
- Click on your name to activate your DNA kit yourself. But if you want to activate someone else DNA kit like a child or someone else then click on them. Click on the Next button.
- Enter your information like your birth year and sex then click on next.
- Tick the check box of the review and consent form after reading the DNA process consent. Click on next if you are not able to activate your kit. Then click on the next button.
- Read the consent information and click on the next button.
- If you like to see your DNA matches then click on yes otherwise click on the no button.
- In the kit notification section, if you want to receive text updates about your kit then click on yes otherwise no. If yes then you need to enter your phone number.
- To receive weekly emails or other updates about your DNA result, click on yes.
- After this, in the review section, review your all information and click on submit and activate.
- Now you can check your DNA kit status by clicking the DNA tab given at the top of any ancestry page.
This is how you can activate ancetryDNA quickly and securely.
For any help, call the support number +1-800-697-1474 and get the best solution within a single call. Use live chat support service for free support.
Here I give some troubleshooting issues that users face please check them.
Lost Activation Code
An activation code is a number of 15 digits and it is a combination of letters and numbers. It is printed on the tube that you get in the instruction packet. If you lost this then don’t worry the company will send you another one through the mail.
Activation Code Does Not Work
The second issue is what you do if the activation code is not working. If you face this issue then please confirm first that you entered the correct activation code because sometimes the user enters ‘S’ in place of ‘5’. If the code is correct and stills it is not working then contact at +1-800-697-1474.
What You Need To Do If The Blue Solution Does Not Release Into The Container?
If the blue solution does not release then carefully loosen the cap and then twist it once again tightly. After this, repeat the process until the blue solution is released.
Lost The Plastic Bag
If you lost your plastic bag then don’t worry place the tube in a Ziploc bag and put it in the return box.