Last updated on April 2nd, 2022 at 06:11 am
Upload A Family Tree To Ancestry
Do you want to upload a family tree to ancestry? Yes, then read this post because in this post you will learn how to upload a family tree to ancestry in easy steps. Here we give a step-by-step guide to uploading a family tree to ancestry.
Here you will definitely get the exact solutions to get the procedure done within a few minutes. Below are mentioned the steps for you to follow accordingly, so you only need to go through this blog until the end.
Steps By Step Guide To Upload A Family Tree To Ancestry
Please follow the given steps to upload a family tree to ancestry. These steps are simple to follow.
- You need to first go and open the tree that you would like to upload to Ancestry. To do so, click on the sync icon that is in the upper-right corner of the application window. Now choose the ‘Upload to Ancestry’ option from the given pop-up menu.
- On the current screen, you will have the ‘Upload and Link FTM and Ancestry Tree’ dialog appearing. Now you can set the options according to your choice.
- If you like you can leave the existing tree name or you can also enter a new name in the ‘Ancestry Tree Name’ field.
- The way your tree should be synced will be determined by the ‘Sync changes in trees’ option. In FTM 2017 it is recommended that you sync the tree manually. So if you would like to sync the tree automatically then you need to select the ‘Automatically’ button.
- To know whether your online tree is public or not you need to use the ‘Upload this tree’ as the option. However the checkbox is selected by default, so this means that your tree will be a public tree. If you would like to change your tree to private then you need to uncheck the box.
- Then if you have selected the checkbox above the ‘Exclude this tree from Ancestry search index’ option then this will become available. You can choose to select this option if you do not want your tree appearing in the search results on Ancestry or the third-party search engines available. Check the given image for reference.
- You then need to click on ‘Upload’ after you have finished setting the options. Now the uploading will start for which you will see a progress bar in the upper-right corner of the page that will show the status of the upload.
- After that, you will get a message saying that the file has been uploaded and linked successfully. If you would like to go to Ancestry to view the tree immediately, then you would have to select the ‘View online tree’ checkbox by clicking on OK.
Now you can use the sync icon to be able to sync your tree or to change the sync options.
This is how you can upload a family tree to ancestry. If you face any problems while going through the process then you need to call the family tree maker support at +1-800-697-1474. The techs will take care of the respective concerns instantly.
Now use the family tree maker live chat option for getting help. You can chat with our tech team anytime. We have 24/7 customer support.
FAQ On Upload A Family Tree To Ancestry
Ans: Yes, Family Tree Maker works on a Mac. You can get a Mac and use family tree maker software on it. The cost of the family tree maker is $69.99.
Ans: Yes, you can purchase the family tree maker software at any time. Now it is sold by software Mackiev.
Ans: For installing the family tree maker on your Mac, please follow the given steps:
1. Insert the CD.
2. Click on the .exe file that is given in the CD.
3. The installer will begin to install the family tree maker software.
Ans: Yes, you can upload a tree to ancestry.