How to Troubleshoot Connectivity Issues in Family Tree Maker 2017 for Mac?
You may experience connectivity issues using Family Tree Maker 2017 for Mac due to distinct reasons. Given are troubleshooting steps that may resolve this issue. You may also contact the family tree maker support phone number.
Set Family Tree Maker to Go Online
You would not be able to use any of the web-based features on Family Tree Maker. Make sure it is set to go online. You can check and modify the settings if needed to make sure the FTM is set to go online.
- Open Family Tree Maker on your pc
- On the top left-hand side click on File
- The last option in the menu must display one of two things – Go Online or Go Offline
- Go Online – means FTM is not set to access the internet.
- Click on it to allow FTM to access the web.
- In the case of Go Offline, it shows the FTM is already set to access the web.
Check the time, date, and time zone
]Family Tree Maker may have issues connecting to the servers if the date, time, and time zone are not correctly set. To make modifications to the date & time follow the steps below.
- On the upper right corner of your screen, you will see date and time, click on it and change the Date & Time Preferences
- Make sure the date and time is correct under the Date & Time tab
- The best way to change the date and time is to check the box next to Set date and time to automatic.
- Click on the Time Zone tab and then correct and confirm the time zone.
- Afterward, close the Date & Time Preferences and then re-open the Family Tree Maker.
- Check the date and time on your internet router and make sure it is correct.
Update OS (Operating System)
The update of OS plays a significant role. If your OS is not up to date, you may face issues with Family Tree Maker software. OS updates help to increase the performance of the Family Tree Maker too.
You can do the Software Updates from the Apple menu. You can see this in the upper-left corner of your computer’s screen. Once you update it, re-open Family Tree Maker again.
Disable proxy servers
If you are using a proxy server, you must disable it on your mac. Many websites like Ancestry.com do not respond effectively if a proxy server is enabled. This happens due to security reasons. So, accessing a website when the proxy server is enabled may not fetch the correct results.
Please follow the instructions given below to disable proxy servers.
- Quit Family Tree Maker
- Open System Preference by clicking on the Apple menu on the top left-hand side.
- Check Internet & Wireless
- Click on Network.
- Check Ethernet for LAN connection & Airport for Wi-Fi connection.
- Then click on Advanced in the bottom right.
- Click on Proxies Tab
- Uncheck the box next to Web Proxy (HTTP), Secure Web Proxy (HTTPS), and SOCKS Proxy
- Then click on OK.
- Close the network window and re-launch FTM.
Security software & firewalls
Security software may interfere with the System changes which FTM installation makes. Normally firewall or security is not responsible for this issue. You can turn off the security system to rule out if it is the cause of the connectivity issues on Family Tree Maker.
If the above steps do not fix the issue (Connectivity Issues), you may contact the support team to get the solution. Family Tree Maker support phone number is +1-800-697-1474.