Make A Free Family Tree Online
Hello readers, welcome to Family Tree Maker Support. Are you searching for a program so that you can easily make a free family tree online? If yes, then you are at the right post. In this post, we will explain to you how to make a free family tree online using Geneanet easily.
So, are you ready to learn how to make a free family tree online? If yes, then read this post and learn easy steps to build an online family tree for free.
The genealogy program that we are using in this post for creating a free family tree is Geneanet. It is a free genealogy program that offers making a free family tree online.
We write a post about Geneanet in which we explain it in-depth. If you want to read it then read our blog “What is Geneanet and Geneanet Community Tree Index”.
So without wasting any time, let’s start the topic of how to make a free family tree online using Geneanet. But before this, let’s discuss why we need a family tree.
Why We Need To Make A Family Tree?
A family tree is very important for us and for our children in many ways. Here we will tell you some points on why we need to make a family tree. Please check them.
- Connect with relatives.
- Solve family mysteries.
- Honor your ancestors.
- Preserve a legacy.
- Give a deeper understanding of cultures and traditions.
For all these things we need to make a family tree. I hope now you understand why we need to create a family tree. So, let’s start to learn how to make a free family tree online using Geneanet.
How To Make A Free Family Tree Online Using Geneanet?
Remember that you need an account on Geneanet to make a free family tree online using Geneanet. If you don’t have an account on Geneanet then first create an account on Geneanet.
After creating an account on Geneanet, follow the given instructions to make a free family tree.
- First of all, go to the Geneanet homepage and log into your account using your username and password.
- You can also import a GEDCOM file to create your free family tree.
- If you don’t have any GEDCOM files, then don’t worry, you can also build your family tree without this.
- Enter your details like your gender, first name, last name, age, email, and password.
- After this, if you want to add your family members like your parents, or spouse then enter your spouse or children’s details. You can add your parents, spouse, or child’s name, gender, and age.
- Then click on Continue with your family tree.
- On the next screen, it will ask you to select your family tree privacy. There are three types of privacy that are given below. You can check anyone of them according to you and click on the continue button.
- As you click on continue with your family tree after this it will ask for your family tree name.
- Enter your family tree name. You can choose any name of your family tree and it’s done.
This is how you can easily make a free family tree online using Geneanet.
How To Search People On Geneanet?
Follow the given instructions to search for people on Geneanet.
- To search for anyone, go to the search menu.
- Select gender.
- Insert the last name or first name of the person.
- You can also insert the person’s occupation to get the exact result.
- Enter the location if you want to search for a person in a specific location.
- After doing all of this, hit the search button.
- As soon as you enter the search button, a list of related people is visible on your computer screen.
- Choose the person who you want to add to your family tree.
This is how you can easily search for any person or add that person to your family tree.
In conclusion, in this post, you learned how to make a free family tree using Geneanet. Apart from this, how to add family members or any person to your family tree easily.