Last updated on April 4th, 2022 at 05:50 am
Do you want to convert Family Tree Maker File using a few simple steps? Well, then you would be extremely glad to know that you are reading just the perfect blog. Here you will be guided with the appropriate solutions to do the same and you will get over with the process successfully. But if you have some other issues related you can always feel free to reach out to the experts at Family Tree Maker Support Number any time you like.
Steps To Convert Family Tree Maker File
Please follow the given steps to convert the family tree maker file.
- First of all, you have to check for the external hard drive whether it is intact or not.
- Then, you need to check whether you have FTM on an external disc or then.
- If you have so, then you have to hold the window key and R key together.
- After doing so, you have to look for the family tree whether there is any default location.
- Now, next, you have to check it by giving a click on the tools by opening FTM software.
- After that, you will have to click on the select option.
- Next, just make all the folders in read-only mode.
- You have to then move to the documents folder.
- Now, after doing so, You will have to right-click on it.
- Click on the properties option.
- Now, you are suggested to select the general tab option.
- Finally, move to the attributes option for the completion of the process.
Therefore, after following the above steps. You can easily convert family tree maker file on your respective device. Nevertheless, if you encounter any sort of problem while following the steps then you need not worry at all, but instead, you just have to give a dial on the Family Tree Customer Support Number. And you will have your issues resolved instantly by highly qualified technicians as they are dedicated and skilled to deal with all the glitches of FTM.
Ans: First, open the family tree that you want to submit to world connect. Click on the drop-down menu. After that click on save or export from the menu. Select the location where you want to save your family tree files on your system. Then click on save as and choose GEDCOM or GED selection.
Ans: The file extension of family tree maker file are .ftm, .ftmb, .ftmd, .ftw, .fbk.
Ans: GEDCOM file contains the necessary information of the family members to exchange genealogical data between two entities.
Ans: When your GEDCOM file is created on your computer then you can easily open it in a word file or notepad.