Last updated on May 19th, 2023 at 05:04 am
Download Family Tree From Family Search
FamilySearch is a program where you can save your family memories for the future. If you have a family tree on FamilySearch and want to download it then you are in the right place. This post will tell you, the easiest way to download a family tree from Family Search.
FamilySearch doesn’t allow direct download of your family tree so you need to use another medium to download your family tree.
23Andme users can link their FamilySearch data directly and the second one is other software uploads a family tree and download your family tree from familysearch easily.
Here in this post, we will tell you, how to do this in a simple way. So are you ready to download a family tree from a family search? If yes then let’s begin.
How To Download Family Tree From The Family Search?
To download your tree from FamilySearch, first, review your family history as shown in the family search tree. It is necessary to make sure your data is correct or not and in which form you want to download your family tree.
Downloading Your Family Search Tree With The Help Of RootsMagic
As we told you in the above paragraph that FamilySearch doesn’t allow direct download of your family tree means you can’t download your family search tree from FamilySearch.
Here we will tell you, how to download your family tree with the help of RootsMagic software. RootsMagic is also a very good and award-winning genealogy program that is used by a lot of people for making their family trees.
For this first, you need to download the RootsMagic Essentials software on your system. If you don’t know how to download it then you must read our blog post “Download RootsMagic Software“. You can also go to the RootsMagic official website landing page and click on the free download button to download it.
To download it Enter your name and email address. After that select the version that you want to download for PC or MAC version.
When the download is completed click on the .exe file to install software on a PC. After installing the software, please follow the given instruction step by step to download your FamilySearch family tree.
- Open RootsMagic Essential software on your computer.
- Then select the option to create a new file picture from the drop-down menu in inches new.
- Enter the name of your family tree that you want to download. You can also use like hands but first, you need to enable this option. This option will help you to find out regarding your search. You can also choose additional options as you want.
- After this, you will see the family tree option. Click on the family search icon.
- On the next screen, you will see a family search dialogue box.
- Login into your family search. After that, it will ask you how many generations of your ancestor you want to import.
- After this, go through the instructions displayed on the screen until you don’t see the download option.